Easy DIY Hairstyle Tutorial: Beach Waves

In my work as a professional hair care and hairstyle blogger, I have written countless of articles relating to hair care and beauty. However, I have never done my own hairstyle tutorial. Please forgive me if this does not prove much help. But I'll try to show you how I did this little trick that I do with my hair all the time. 
Source

If you love styling your hair or watched hair tutorials on YouTube, you probably know about beach waves. It is a highly sought after hairstyle that exudes that effortlessly chic look seen in super models, think Gisele Bundchen or the Victoria's Secret angels. These women have texturized hairstyles with loose waves at the ends making them look like they spend some time on the beach. At the same time, the soft curls make the hairstyle look natural and easy to do. 

Check out these tips to create your own effortless beach waves:

1.) Start with freshly washed hair. Use a texturizing spray like sea salt spray or dry shampoo to add grip and texture to your strands. 

2.) Start forming a three-strand braid from the mid-length to the ends of your hair. 

3.) Leave the braids on for several hours. Or, you can sleep on it overnight. 

4.) Remove the braids. This will reveal beautifully loose waves. Brush out the curls a little using your fingers to loosen them up. 

5.) You can spritz adequate amount of low to medium hold hairspray. This will make the curls stay for a long time without getting too stiff.

Here is how this hair styling trick looked on mine after:




Voila! Easy and relaxed beach waves... what I love most about this hairstyle is that you do not have to worry about perfecting it. The messier the look, the better!

What is your go-to hairstyle?


 

18 comments

  1. Your hair looks beautiful!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Wishes! That's so exciting that you're getting married. Thank you so much for your encouragement. I'm glad I'm not the only one. This tutorial is so easy. I'm going to have to try it with my hair. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love having my mom do this for me when I was younger & I'm so glad that this is popular once again :)

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to Cancun soon so this post is very useful for me! I need to learn how to do this and be pretty even when I am sweaty. ;) Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Keep in touch and take care!

    Grace
    http://colorandgrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely beach hair look and thanks for sharing this easy and quick tips !
    xoxo
    Liza
    www.lizacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how it turned out, great tips!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love doing this kind of thing, its soo easy and looks super cute :)
    Jessica
    xx
    www.fashionmagical.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beach waves look gorgeous! xo Andrea

    Boho Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful waves! I haven't tried this for a long time! With the weather warming up, now would be a great time:)
    Audrey
    www.audreysalutes.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks beautiful! My hair doesn't really do anything but lay there. lol! No matter how hard I try to style it or how much spray I put in it, it falls straight again in an hour or so. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks so great with these beachy waves, great post!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my favorite hair look! Thanks for the tips!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have really pretty hair :)

    xo, simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use this trick all the time! Every few hair washings, I blow dry it about halfway, then french braid it overnight and hoila! Gorgeous beach waves that last several days. You hair looks gorgeous like this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. braiding overnight is a really easy way to get some curls and there's no heat involved. problem with my hair is that it's naturally straight and the "curls" don't stay for the whole day.. and the curls also don't look as big as yours..

    Arianne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful waves! I am inspired to try on myself.

    From Jing at www.bejingxu.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hair looks beautiful XO
    #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/03/linkupwithlisa-think-spring.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)