Floral with an Edge

Floral dresses are a pretty common sight in my closet. Not that I ever get bored wearing floral but I like finding new ways to wear them. It is like getting a brand new item altogether. This red floral dress was a gift from the boyf. It has been with me for almost three years now. But it remains a favorite, especially during summer when I am looking for loose, comfortable dresses to wear. On top of the frilly details around the neck and hemline, the floral prints make it a totally girly look.









A simple addition of a cropped denim vest added a bit of edge to this look. I wanted to veer away from an ultra feminine look (which was the natural vibe of the dress itself) so I thought the vest was the perfect accessory. I have been wearing this denim vest a lot lately because it has proven to be of versatile use. I like to wear it with a spaghetti or tank top on jeans or leggings, or with dresses. It is such a good buy! 


How do you style your denim vest? Do you like to wear it with dresses like I do?



 

12 comments

  1. Love the florals with the denim! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the red flowers on you, the dress fits perfectly! THe little denim vest is a great contrast to the femininity of the dress.
    from the link up, jess
    please stop by
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the floral dress with the denim vest.
    Thank you for stopping by my post and living a comment.

    Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress! Love it paired with the denim vest!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors in that dress are amazing!

    Nell
    nellers.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect with the cropped vest! :-)

    Mp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the floral and the denim combo! xo Andrea
    Boho Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through the Watch Out for the Woestmans link up! Cute dress!

    Erin
    happilyhowards.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this floral on you and that cropped vest is just too cute! Such a great, fun look!

    Jennie
    http://www.apocketfulofpolkadots.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The denim vest works so well with the dress! Perfect summer outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This floral is great! I just love it for summer. Plus, the addition of the mini denim vest is too cute!
    Cheers
    Casually Chic by Monique
    Follow me on: bloglovin' & facebook

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)