Celebrity Hair Icon: Julianne Hough

Last year, I cut my hair short for the first time in like 20 years! I had always been a  fan of long hair because I felt like it provided more versatility when it comes to everyday styling. But thanks to Jennifer Lawrence's super chic long bob, she convinced me to finally let go of my long locks and sport a bob (with bangs to boot!). I blogged about that here. I loved rocking the short hair for a while because I felt empowered and the timing was fortunate because a lot of famous celebrities were rocking the short 'do. 

From Beach-y Casual Part 1
From Beach-y Casual Part 2

When my hair length started the re-growth phase though, I admit I had trouble keeping up with it. I did not know what to do with it. It was not long enough to be tied up into a ponytail or a bun. The bangs, as it grew, became seriously annoying. It kept blocking my eye (I had a side bang) and it was difficult to get it out of the way. Eventually, I switched to wearing buns  (when it grew a few inches longer) with headbands just so I can get it out of the way. But as I dealt with the awkward re-growth phase, I was tempted to cut it short again. The boyf, though, had different ideas since he said he missed my long hair and I kind of agreed with him - I was longing for my long hair, too. Hence, I have decided to grow it back so I can get a new color and maybe curl it. 

Thankfully, I discovered some excellent hairstyle ideas from Julianne Hough. I refer to her now as my celebrity hair icon. Seriously, she rocks some seriously gorgeous 'dos.. all. the. time! Her long bobs are chic and sassy! I wish I had her hairstylist! Check out below some of my favorite hairstyles she has sported over the years as they had been my go-to for inspiration on styling my own.

Romantic Wispy Bob
Lob with Soft Waves
Super Sleek Long Bob
Highly Volumised Long Bob
Blunt Bob (and killer red lips!!)
Layered Long Hair

Which of these hairstyles are your favorite?


 

10 comments

  1. i think your short hair is adorable! i wish i could pull it off. i chopped mine about a year ago, and my hair is just too think and crazy for short hair. it's finally back at my happy length, and i seriously never want to cut it again!
    following you :)
    xo jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jac! Following you too :) So happy to see you here! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lob with soft waves is definitely my favorite. Though I love the lob in general. I hear you on your frustrations of growing your hair out. I once made the mistake of reading a magazine while I was getting my hair cut. The stylist did her own thing rather than what we discussed. I felt like a boy for a hot minute. She basically cut all my hair off. It was quite the experience trying to grow it out, and still look fashionable. :)
    Angela
    www.prettyinherpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair short looks adorable!!!
    xo,
    Yaudy
    http://yaudycristinafashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her hair is so fabulous but yours is fantastic for your face shape as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually really love your hair short! It's such a sleek, fun look. I can understand wanting it long though. I once cut 11 inches off my hair and while it was great for a bit (as well as quite the shock), I was excited to grow it out again. Whatever length you decide on, I'm sure you can find cute ways to wear it like you do now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her soft waves style the best! Yours looks lovely too- it is nice to have a change!!
    #WhatIWoreToWork

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slightly longer hair is far more versatile. i like all the styles above. Your hair looks great short too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the shorter hair length..wish I had the balls to do it! I am too afraid and FAR too attached to my long hair. Oh well.
    Thanks for linking up!!!
    C

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and they make my day. So, go ahead and make mine! :)